The NCAA’s outreach and education efforts related to initial eligibility continue to remain a priority. These efforts are centrally focused on the NCAA Division I requirements for college-bound student-athletes enrolling on or after August 1, 2016. The following documents and presentations will assist colleges, the high school community, coaches, as well as students and parents with the initial eligibility, recruiting and college selection processes. Please refer to www.eligibilitycenter.org or the new outreach site, http://www.ncaa.org/static/2point3/ for more information.
Quick Reference Materials
- Initial-Eligibility Brochure– A Quick Guide to the standards and steps that it takes to become an NCAA Division I or II student-athlete.
- Division I Initial Eligibility Quick Reference Sheet – A complete one-page breakdown of the NCAA Divisions I initial-eligibility standards.
- Division II Initial Eligibility Quick Reference Sheet – A complete one-page breakdown of the NCAA Divisions II initial-eligibility standards.
- Guide for the College-Bound Student-Athlete –The Guide is a highly comprehensive tool that has been designed to help you understand the NCAA initial-eligibility process and to prepare student-athletes for transitioning from high school to becoming an NCAA Division I or II student-athlete.
- NCAA Guide to International Academic Standards – The NCAA Guide to International Academic standards for Athletics Eligibility provides specific requirements needed for college-bound student-athletes who have completed any portion of their secondary education in a non-United States educational system wishing to study and compete at an NCAA Division I or II college or university.
- Transfer Guide– Basic information about transferring to an NCAA college for Divisions I, II and III.
Presentations and Courses
- Video Presentation for Students and Parents– A 10-minute video presentation for students and parents regarding the Eligibility Center Registration Tutorial.
- NCAA Eligibility Center Online Course– A free 40-minute online experience. The participant is educated with a wealth of information, from the differences in the three NCAA divisions, to the academic requirements to compete in NCAA Division I or II athletics. A fun way to learn about the steps to becoming a college student-athlete.
- Your Path to the Student-Athlete Experience Presentation (for Students) – A PowerPoint presentation for students and parents which provides insight into the Eligibility Center registration and certification process.
- Your Path to the Student-Athlete Experience Presentation (for School Counselors) – A PowerPoint presentation for the high school community, which provides insight into the NCAA Eligibility Center registration and certification process, as well as the responsibilities needed from a high school to aid in the academic certification of college-bound student-athletes.